Cisco Advanced Inspection and Prevention Security Services Module
Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances
The Cisco Advanced Inspection and Prevention Security Services Module (AIP-SSM) for the Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance provides proactive, full-featured intrusion prevention services to stop malicious traffic, including worms and network viruses, before they can affect your network.
Security Services Module
Providing unparalleled protection for an organization's critical information assets, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance provides best-in-class firewall and VPN capabilities in a single, easy-to-deploy platform. When combined with the advanced inspection capabilities of the AIP-SSM, the Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance provides integrated, converged protection of an organization's servers and infrastructure without compromising the ability to use the network as a business tool.
AIP-SSM Intrusion Prevention Services
Cisco AIP-SSM combines inline prevention services with innovative technologies to improve accuracy. The result is total confidence in the protection offered by your intrusion prevention system (IPS) solution, without the fear of legitimate traffic being dropped. When deployed within Cisco ASA 5500 Series appliances, the AIP-SSM offers comprehensive protection of your network by collaborating with other network security resources, providing a proactive approach to protecting your network.
The Cisco AIP SSM helps users stop threats with greater confidence through the use of:
- Accurate inline prevention technologies - Provides unparalleled ability to take preventive action against a broader range of threats without the risk of dropping legitimate traffic. These unique technologies offer intelligent, automated, contextual analysis of your data and help ensure you are getting the most out of your intrusion prevention solution.
- Multivector threat identification - Protects your network from policy violations, vulnerability exploitations, and anomalous activity through detailed inspection of traffic in Layers 2 through 7.
- Unique network collaboration - Enhances scalability and resiliency through network collaboration, including efficient traffic capture techniques, load-balancing capabilities, and visibility into encrypted traffic.
- Powerful management, event correlation, and support services - Enables a complete solution, including configuration, management, data correlation, and advanced support services. In particular, the Cisco Security Monitoring, Analysis, and Response System (Cisco Security MARS) identifies, isolates, and recommends precision removal of offending elements, for a networkwide intrusion prevention solution. And the Cisco Incident Control System (ICS) prevents new worm and virus outbreaks by enabling the network to rapidly adapt and provide a distributed response.
When combined, these elements provide a comprehensive inline prevention solution, giving you the confidence to detect and stop the broadest range of malicious traffic before your business continuity is affected.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.