Wi-Fi 6/6E SolutionsChoose the management platform that works best for you. Your journey, your way.
Your organization, your operational needs
Choose the management platform that works best for you. Your journey, your way.
- Cloud Management - Manage your network with an intuitive and interactive web interface connecting you to the industry’s leading cloud IT platform.
- On-Premise Management (Cisco DNA Center) - Automate mundane tasks, gain network insights, and add security to help ensure an optimal experience with your Cisco Catalyst 9000 infrastructure.
How does Wi-Fi 6/6E Solutions compare?
When it comes to your Wi-Fi network, Wi-Fi 6E is a quantum leap in terms of capacity, reliability, and security, not to mention sustainability. Wi-Fi 6E means never having to wait for your data. It solves the everyday problem of waiting in line. It’s the FastPass, the VIP access, the express train to data. Since the 6-GHz spectrum is new and accepts only Wi-Fi 6E devices, it doesn’t have any of the old issues that are clogging up current networks. It offers better:
- Capacity: The addition of more spectrum allows the network admin to double the channel bandwidth, which provides the additional bandwidth needed in the open space of a new spectrum. This gives you the ability to support a dense environment while keeping device performance at a high level. The additional spectrum—1200 MHz worth or 59 new channels, the largest Wi-Fi spectrum expansion ever—offers unprecedently increased nonoverlapping channels. Wi-Fi 6E can perform exceptionally great especially in high density environments.
Higher throughput means more channels in the 80-MHz and 160-MHz spectrums and allows users to send and receive data at the highest possible speeds at rates that break 1 Gbps speed barrier on mobile devices. The new 6-GHz band employs fourteen 80-MHz and seven 160-MHz channels. In comparison, today’s 5-GHz band uses only six 80-MHz and two 160-MHz channels. That’s an increase of more than 100% in 80-MHz and 300% in 160-MHz channels.
- Reliability: Wi-Fi 6E provides a new standard of reliability and predictability of connection that shortens the gap between wireless and wired connections. This reliability comes with less interference and more efficiency due to Wi-Fi 6E devices not having to share the 6-GHz spectrum with any devices that are not Wi-Fi 6E capable. Devices from Wi-Fi 1 (802.11b) through Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) are not supported on 6 GHz.
- Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access 3 (WPA3) is a mandatory requirement for the Wi-Fi 6E network and secures the network better than ever. And since only Wi-Fi 6 products are going to be using this network, there are no legacy security issues to deal with. WPA3 provides new authentication and encryption algorithms for networks and furnishes fixes for issues that were missed by WPA2. It also implements an additional layer of protection from deauthentication and disassociation attacks.